Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Chemical What?!

So there was always a chance that I would have to either be placed in Chemical Menopause or I would go in to regular Menopause (if they had to remove my ovaries. But I still have them both!) but I was hoping I wouldn't have either. Ha! Chemical it is. I went for my two week follow-up and everything was looking good. Except.. The pesky Endometriosis on my Diaphragm. Damn, damn, damn! Dr. R. told me in order to keep from doing more surgery, we have to put you in Chemical Menopause for six months to see if the Endo releases itself from your organs. Ok, six months. I can do that. No problem. What are the symptoms again?...

-Hot Flashes/Cold Flashes
-Night Sweats
-Loss of Libido....... (nope, I'm out!)
-Vaginal Dryness... WHAT?! Hell NO!
-Mood Swings/Crying
-Fatigue
-Hair Loss/Thinning or Hair Growth (I better not get a mustache or beard!)
-Sleeplessness
-Difficulty Concentrating, Disorientation, Mental Confusion
-Memory Lapses
-Dizziness, Light headedness, Episodes of Loss of Balance (damn, I'm already clumsy!)
-Weight gain (Major side eye...)
-Incontinence (Stop playing!)
-Sudden Bouts of Bloat
-Increase in Allergies
-Depression
-Anxiety, Irritability, Panic Disorder
-Breast Pain (no, no, no, no, no)
-Headaches, Joints and Muscle Aches,
Digestive Problems, and some more s&8#!!!!!

While the doctor was explaining this to me, I blanked out after Loss of Libido and Vaginal Dryness (just being honest)! That is not my idea of fun! No sir, but the alternative is to have more surgery. So I said okay. Lets get it over with. I start to roll up my sleeve and the nurse says, "no ma'am, the other side"!!!!! The other side of what?! Now, I got to get shot in the a$$?! This just gets better and better.
Bright side: Dr. R. gave me a prescription for an estrogen supplement to protect against bone loss and some of these symptoms. Ha! Not. Working......

I may not have all of them but I sure have a few of them! Let's talk about them, shall we:

Hot Flashes: Nothing but the Devil! You're body is not suppose to reach temperatures that high without you stroking out! It's starts at my feet and rapidly rises to my hair folicles! HELP!!!! I feel like I'm going to burst into flames like dude from the X-Men!

Night Sweats: The Devil's Helper! Sweaty sheets, pj's, fiancee'. Why am I up at 3am taking off my clothes, in the shower (again)? This is not my idea of fun!

Mood Swings/Crying: Yup! For no reason! I started crying from watching Xenia sing on The Voice (as I type this post...) What is that about?!

Fatigue: All the time...

Hair Loss/Growth: No Beard or Mustache.... yet!

Sleeplessness: My Nemesis! For a while, I was waking up like clockwork at 3:00am! Why? I don't know. I think that's when ithas its meeting with "The Devil", and "The Devil's Helper". Complete and utter BS!

Memory Lapses: Right in mid-sentence. 

Weight Gain: Nope! Yay!

Incontinence, Bloating, Breast pain, Digestive problems: No, no, no and no! 
The others are mild and few and far between. Yay!

This post could go on and on, but I'm getting sleepy, so you'll have to wait for the next one! 
Thanks for checking in. Talk to you soon!

35 With Hot Flashes





3 comments:

  1. Are these symptoms supposed to sound the same as pregnancy???? Ummm, because they do. lol. I've had about 90% of them

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I asked the doctor! I felt like I was pregnant again! They're subsiding now which is good.I just have to hot flashes and night sweats still. Three more months and hopefully it will be over with until the real thing hits about 2o years from now (hopefully)....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear the symptoms are just about gone!!! Hang in there chica.

    ReplyDelete